Pre-Service Teacher Education - June 2014
AGPPA Has released two papers around the topic of Pre-Service Teacher Education:
- Pre-Service Teacher Education:
"The Australian Government Primary Principals’ Association (AGPPA) firmly believes that there is a definite need for a more rigorous and consistent approach to teacher training across Australia to ensure that pre-service education is high quality, comprehensive and relevant to 21st century teaching and learning practices.
"AGPPA is highly supportive of the training in the real-world-application of teaching, and of the necessity to ensure that potential teacher graduates experience the widest possible range of school experiences with the highest quality supervisory staff available. As a nation striving for excellence in education, we need to ensure we train and produce high quality future teachers, through world-class pre-service education."
- AGPPA Response to: Teacher Education Ministerial Advisory Group Issues Paper Consultation 2014 - click here to read the responses paper.
... ICP 2013 Convention (Cairns) Report - audio recordings, presentation files.
Promoting and Advocating for Public Primary Schools
AGPPA's Strategic Plan is now available. Click here to download the PDF file.
This strategic plan will guide AGPPA's directions and activities into the future.
Search the Website
- Position Papers November 2016
- Media Release: AGPPA calls for greater understanding about the limitations of NAPLAN (16 Aug 2016)
- Media Release: AGPPA Calls for a Refocus around NAPLAN (9 Aug 2016)
- The State of Australia's Schools
- Media Release: AGPPA Welcomes new Shadow Education Minister (23 July 2016)