Who are we?
Promoting and Advocating for Public Primary Schools
The Australian Government Primary Principal Association (AGPPA) is the peak body of government school primary principals in Australia, representing over 5 300 primary school leaders across all state and territories.
AGPPA acts as a professional, respected and empowered voice that aspires to pursue the interests of primary educators in Australian Government Schools. Direct communication with Government representatives, policy makers and key stakeholders at a national and international level ensures that AGPPA addresses the issues that matter most in primary education.
AGPPA aims to:
- Promote the profession of teaching and school leadership, and government education;
- Advocate on behalf of state/territory government primary principals and students;
- Formulate appropriate position statements and policy documents relating to state/territory government primary education and communicate the Association’s positions to the wider education community.
- Provide a structure for the exchange of ideas and initiatives relevant to state/territory government primary education;
- Network with other organisations and individuals sharing a commitment to state/territory government primary education.
AGPPA draws on the principle of collective expertise to exchange ideas, push initiatives and formulate policy suggestions. The AGPPA National Council is responsible for conducting and coordinating the activities of AGPPA. Membership of AGPPA’s National Council includes representatives from six states and two territories, with two members from each jurisdiction.
AGPPA National Council representation:
- New South Wales Primary Principals’ Association (NSWPPA)
- Victorian Principals’ Association (VPA)
- Queensland Association of State School Principals (QASSP)
- Australian Capital Territory Primary Principals’ Association (ACTPPA)
- South Australian Primary Principals’ Association (SAPPA)
- Western Australian Primary Principals Association (WAPPA)
- Tasmanian Principals’ Association (TPA)
- Northern Territory Principals’ Association (NTPA)